1. Who is the seller?
Spaas Kaarsen NV has its registered office in 3930 Hamont-Achel on Industriestraat 11 in Belgium and is registered in the Crossroads Enterprise Database (Kruispuntbank der Ondernemingen, KBO) under number 0435.854.157. The VAT number is BE 0435.854.157 (‘Seller’)
Our bank account number is ING BE44 0017 2940 7845.
2. What are the General Terms and Conditions of Purchase?
Every order signifies acceptance by the Buyer of our General Terms and Conditions, which form an integral part of the agreement, with the exception of all other general or special conditions of the Buyer, unless expressly provided for otherwise in writing.
3. What types of payment methods do we accept?
We use Ogone for our webshop. This system accepts payment by Bancontact and Maestro.
4. Can I use my VAT number for online payments?
Customers with a VAT number can use this number when placing an order online. If you are already a customer, we ask that you contact our office staff via our general number +32 (0)11-621 311 to place your order.
5. What is the delivery period for my package?
Orders are packed and sent within two days of receipt of payment. We send packages via Bpost (Belgian postal services). Bpost makes every effort to deliver domestic shipments on the business day following the day of issue.
International shipments within Europe are delivered:
- Within 2 business days after the day of issue in neighbouring countries
- Within 3 to 5 business days after the day of issue in the other EU countries
We always opt for a traceable shipment that requires a signature on receipt.
Once the order has been shipped, we will send you a unique code for tracking your package at www.bpost.be/track.
6. How much does it cost to ship my purchases?
Shipments within Belgium
Orders above €30.- or more within Belgium we send free. For orders under €30.- you pay €4.- shipping costs.
Shipments outside Belgium
For deliveries to other European countries, the shipping costs are calculated based on weight. More information can be found below.
> 0 - 2 kg
> 2 - 5 kg
> 5 - 10 kg
> 10-20 kg
> 20 - 30 kg
Germany, France, the Netherlands*
* Free shipping on orders above€ 40.-
** Free shipping on orders above € 50.-
Feel free to contact us at any time with questions regarding shipping costs.You can send your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Can I return an order?
Consumers who purchase Spaas products via the website are entitled by law to return the item within 14 days. Spaas Kaarsen NV will refund the purchase price (excluding shipping costs) under the following conditions:
- The return deadline of 14 days is respected. This deadline is calculated from the date of delivery to the customer of the purchased goods.
- The individual product packaging has not been opened (i.e. not combined in one package) and the product is undamaged.
- Only those goods returned will be refunded.
- If the consumer receives a damaged product, proof must be submitted on the day of receipt by means of a dated photograph. This photograph can be sent to email@example.com.
- The consumer must enclose the completed revocation form in which he or she revokes his purchase with the goods being returned. This document can be found in the FAQ section.
- If the return shipment meets all conditions, Spaas Kaarsen NV will refund the customer’s purchase amount within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
When returning products, the items should be sent to Spaas Kaarsen NV, Industriestraat 11, 3930 Hamont-Achel, Belgium, in the original condition and packaging and at the consumer’s own risk and expense.
8. Where do I submit a complaint?
Complaints will only be handled a) if the complaint concerns an incorrect delivery, within eight (8) days of delivery and b) if the complaint concerns a hidden defect, within eight (8) days of discovering the defect or when such discovery can be reasonably assumed. The receipt and acceptance of the goods by the Buyer covers any possible defects or non-conformity that could have been discovered at the time.
To be considered, all complaints concerning invoices must be formulated in detail and sent by means of registered letter within three (3) days of receipt of the invoice. See also our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
You can send your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our warranty is limited to the warranty for hidden defects and in the event of a consumer purchase, both of which are provided for in the Belgian Civil Code.
We can only be held liable for damage resulting from gross negligence or intent. We are not liable for general or indirect damage of any kind suffered by the Buyer.
10. Force majeure
We cannot be held liable for any delay in the implementation of or failure to implement our obligations due to events beyond our normal control, including production disruptions, transport difficulties or raw material shortages, employees, energy or transport or transport delays, strikes, lockouts, work stoppages or other collective labour disputes that affect us or our suppliers and even if these events could have been foreseen.
11. What is done with my personal data?
12. Whistleblower hotline
Spaas Candles is committed to the highest standards of business ethics and legal compliance.
If you would like to make a report in this regard, we provide the following reporting channels:
By e-mail: email@example.com
SPAAS KAARSEN nv Whistleblower Officer
Rue de l'Industrie 11
By appointment by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you provide sufficient details, such as:
- Your name and relationship with Spaas Candles as well as your contact details (unless you choose to report anonymously);
Your role or involvement in the incident named in the report;
A detailed description of the incident or breach you wish to report, along with the time, date and location of any specific incidents or breaches;
The name and contact details of other persons who may have witnessed, or have more information, about the incident;
Any information you might have about similar previous incidents or breaches relating to the person(s) mentioned in your report;
Any evidence or useful documents you have in relation to the report.
You may make reports confidentially by sharing your name and contact details or remain completely anonymous.
You are strongly urged to opt to state your name and not make the report anonymous. This facilitates the internal investigation and the taking of necessary measures to protect the whistleblower.
Internal follow-up process:Following the report, an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to the whistleblower within 7 days. Upon acceptance of the report, the whistleblower manager will start an investigation into the content of the report. Within three months, the investigation will be completed and the whistleblower will be informed of the outcome of the investigation. This is only possible if the whistleblower has left contact details.